I have always heard about the power of meditation but I have never known exactly what it means, this ancient practice which through the centuries has helped people to learn to have a calm mind in search of serenity and well - being. The generic concept of meditation is that it is a practice in which people train your mind either for a profit or to mentally recognize a content without being identified with that content. It is the method to familiarize the mind with virtue.
At a first level meditation is too quiet and calm the mind keeping it in one place, it is based on creating a space between the experimenter and their experience is achieved through breathing oneself or concentration in a form of Buddha.
The second level is called Vipassana meditation it is formless and is based on the nature of the mind itself to be conscious without being conscious. Understanding and knowledge arise spontaneously.
2 Meditation Types Help Reduce Anxiety
Meditation is of two types: the first one is Analysis: this is the study the meaning of a sacred text, we are doing analytical meditation.and two Placement which is Deep understanding of the teaching that comes from the sacred text that leads to a certain conclusion, that is the purpose of placement meditation.
Meditation can also be religious, some techniques practiced in this type of meditation are: Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism, Islam, Baha'i Faith, Jainism, Judaism, Sikhism and Christianity. Although all have one goal which is to practice meditation for mental well - being are made in different ways by different traditions and cultures of practitioners.
Not everyone achieves the level of profound concentration required in this type of practice, and finally trying to concentrate on your breathing you end up thinking about the grocery list or in the birthday gift that you have to buy for the friend of your children, it is why this type of practice is studied and takes time to reach the level required.
What kind of people can meditate? Meditation is for people of mind and positive attitude, people full of joy that can meet their own subconscious, negative people who have bad vibe and energy or psychotics it is not recommended meditation as it can be dangerous for them because they tend to take their feelings too much reality.
How do you meditate? To get the most out of meditation:
1. Choose a calm and quiet place, where no one interrupts you throughout the duration of the meditation.
2. Start meditating for 30 minutes a day, gradually increased to reach 45 minutes. If you can achieve much better time.
3. Meets the duration of meditation.
4. You can meditate alone or in groups.
5. Do it every day.
It is known that with the day to day us forget the present and the now to come out to perform daily tasks thinking about what we should have done (past) or plan what we are going to do (future). Meditation helps us to live the present with intensity and awareness, to pay attention to everything we do, focusing on it as if it were the only thing that exists.
How Meditation Benefits Our Everyday Lives
The practice of meditation has many aspects benefits for us, an active person, who lives now and having a positive attitude towards life and the things that happen around is a happy person, and what is it that all beings’ humans seek? That ideal or mood that has a person who is satisfied with what he has.
Science has supported this practice because it has a very specific physiological effects on the body:
1. Meditation puts us in the here and now, when one meditates is really in this, because if not no meditation occurs.
2. Meditation teaches us to do, not to seek an end to things and to be in perception or attention without Homing.
3. Meditation helps us remove identifications we usually have with the contents of the mind are thoughts, experiences, memories, etc.
4. Meditation creates a calm state of mind not attainable by any other procedure of mental work.
5. The mental silence generated by the meditative state produces deep calm conditions which is a relief of anxiety or stress.
6. The mental calm presupposes a change of approach in perceiving problems or issues we raised in our lives, making us see so far undiscovered aspects that give us new and creative ways to solve problems.
7. Meditation allows us to learn to let ourselves flow need not be controlling both situations in our lives.
8. Meditation helps integrate emotions rejected because it generates an acceptance mark all our inner world.
9. Meditation allows us to reach a state of integration of our contradictions and dualities because it creates a mental state of flexibility and tolerance to different states, experiences or mental approaches.
10. Meditation develops the ability to care and personal self - awareness.
The Spiritual Benefits of Meditation:
1. Meditation brings inner harmony
2. Meditation brings harmony to the creation
3. Meditation can reveal your true potential
4. It dawns on your Cosmic consciousness
When you perceive the world as part of you, the love flows strongly between you and the world. This love empowers you to support and riots opposing forces in your life. Anger and disappointment become fleeting emotions that occur momentarily and then disappear. You begin to live the "now" and loose "the past".
The former governor of Southern California Mark Sanford, the lead singer of the Rolling Stones, Mick Jagger, comedian Jerry Seinfeld, the Beatles, Richard Gere, Tiger Woods, singer Sheryl Crow, the musician Moby, rocker Sting and the Pirate Caribbean Orlando Bloom are among the personalities who practice meditation as a mantra of life and helped them to have a balance in their both emotional, physical and spiritual life.
So stay away from the sedentary life playing video games or checking the latest status of your friends on Facebook, life is only one and must make the most of, so start enjoying now, stimulates your conscience and creativity, strengthens your zones brain assigned to happiness and joy and Meditate!